22 lipca 2018 05:03:54

Auction Listing Type

• Wysłany: one year ago
I have been listing my items as StoresFixedPrice successfully, but now I want to do a few as Auctions.  I get an error: "Input data for tag <Item.ListingType> is invalid or missing."  I have a Name, Description Template set, Start Price, Handling Time, Quantity, and 7-day duration. If I change the type to StoresFixedPrice it works.  How do I get it to accept an auction format?
Hi,

Every category on eBay has a limits for the listing type. When you have that message:
"Input data for tag <Item.ListingType> is invalid or missing." it means you can't use selected listing type. This message comes from eBay.

Regards
Krzysztof
The category is Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Women's Clothing > Tops & Blouses.  Auctions are valid in this category.    
Should I remove the Store Category from the request when I try Auction types?
Which auction type you are trying to set? Is this for single item or multiple?
  • Wysłany: one month ago
Hi everyone,

today I got exactly the same issue as originally described in this thread when trying to send an article to eBay.
We want to sell shopkeepers in an auction at eBay so in nopCommerce we chose "Auction" in the field "Listing Type" before pressing the send button.
We're using NopCommerce 3.8 and the matching plug-in.

Any solution for that?
Hi,

Auction type got limitation from eBay (currently it is used to get active listings, not sending any item). I suggest to change type to Chinese or Dutch depending if you are selling single-quantity or multiple.
Thank you for your super-fast reply!

To me it seems eBay does not allow products with variants (size, color etc.) on Chinese autions.
(As I learned in eBay's world, a "Chinese auction" is merely their new term for standard auction format.)

Does the plugin allow to create an eBay item from a specific product variant? In our case this could be a neoprene suit in size XXS.
Chinese auction allow to use single quantity, so I assume product with variants should be as Dutch type.
Plugin allow to create listing of single product (without specification nor attributes), but that is global setting. If you are trying to send item with particular specification, while would like to keep global setting, I recommend to create new product and send it to eBay separately.